Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Passing down your love…



















Like a river that flows down on our life
Our needs, our spirits, our truth, our lies
You washed our sins with your years
You alleviated all our fears
And through it all you kept the ties…

Don’t you cry my darling
Don’t you shed a tear
If you tell her not to run
She’ll say there’s more work to be done
To you, she will always be here
And the end is in no way near

You said my work is my religion
You said it all will be well
You were my angel, my premonition
And now, to him, you are as well,
I ask, you love him
You say he is your life, your eyes, your soul
You say he is your baby’s baby
He’s your rhythm, your sun, your whole…

I saw your love in his eyes
His dear, dear eyes
And I loved him even more
The hours of giving and delicate care
It looked familiar to me
This is the bond that we share
Pass down your love my love

Mama, mama, mama…
In you I hide no more
I embrace him with you
I embrace him for you
Take him to your safety shore…


(pictures: my nephew and my mom)

7 comments:

Laila K said...

you look a lot like your mom.
very sweet poetry.

Unknown said...

i know. this is her 30 years ago. she still looks the same.
that's my nephew. i have 2 now.

rouba said...

i thought it was you at first!
i like how this blogging world is reuniting us in our melancholic homesickness, no?

Ghassan said...

to the safety shore...
Alla ykhalikone la ba'ed.
(I missed your mom!)

Unknown said...

Rouba, i feel the same. it's becoming therapeutic. i wish we did that a long time ago.
Gus she missed you too sweety and she always sends her best.
Dr. Olson does too by the way

Ghassan said...

EWW. He was on TV lately, wasn't he?

Unknown said...

he was? olson?
the bald guy from anatomy?