Saturday, March 04, 2006

I could die in your arms tonight


The cold in my heart is unbearable.
As I flip through the pages of this tired book I call my life, I think of all the memories. I think of people I have forgotten and others that I can’t arrive to forget.
I think of you, my one and only, my love.
You have been and will always be mine.
You whose millions of tears have been shed for no woman’s love.
You whose dignity has stood intact and shoulders taken the burden of shameful acts.
I think of you and only you.
The man of unsaid words, the man of now and then,
How is this life treating you my friend.
As I dance for others and celebrate your and my melancholy, did I dance the smile away my love?
Where is your childhood and innocence? Tell me where is the look of hope and eagerness?
Is this what the times take us to? And where do we go from here?
I won’t be using any rimes today,
I won’t mock the language of Shakespeare.
I won’t have the heart of gold today,
Today I speak and you will hear.

Long were the nights when I looked at your sleepy eyes
Waiting for a sign of tenderness, a touch of longing
A hope for forgiveness.
In all the foolness of the world, you came to hide beside me.
I am not the one to blame my boy
I blame the gods who made me a woman and you, a man.
I blame my heart
Oh! This heart of mine
This rotten hole of weakness,
This slave
This...amateur

I don’t want to wake up
I want to die in your arms..

5 comments:

Ghassan said...

It makes me shiver. (I read it listening to "sinfonia Concertante", a violin concerto of Mozart - and you speak to this music, totally... can we attach it to the text, if you know how I should send you the link)

Unknown said...

let's do it. i'll figure it out

Ghassan said...

http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/mozart_sinf_con_2.mp3

well, I found this link on the net. it's ".mp3" it should work, but it's only a short piece of the whole thing... a nice piece though.
PS: for 2 days now I've been trying to find out which arabic song is inspired from this concerto? it's something for Abdul halim or wahhab, but I can't remember.

Ghassan said...

Ana lik ala tool khalik leyya? is that it?

Unknown said...

it is ana lak
abdul wahab composing for abdel 7aleem
one of the hardest songs 3abdel 7aleem sang in his day