Monday, March 20, 2006

A broken smile, four lines and a life…

It is officially Spring, to the whole world it is. If God sleeps in New York City, I am quite sure that he has not slept for a while. It is 23 degrees out. I am declaring a new wrinkle under my eyes. Girls are particularly familiar with this area. The place that we only touch with the delicate fingers. It is not sleep deprivation-induced, it is not a laughing line, it is a wrinkle. I counted. I have four. The gray hairs, I stopped counting. It is the Spring to the whole world but it is the summer of my life today. Today I own a broken smile, four wrinkles and a lifetime. It ought to be lovely to be old. To be full of the peace that comes of experience and wrinkled ripe fulfillment. We spend most of our childhood and adolescence longing to be taken seriously and to belong. Wanting to be naturally included in a world of confidence, that is far from irresponsible lies. Then we transition into adulthood tired and busy, overworked and overstressed. We go from the Spring to the fall to the winter. I am stopping today to celebrate the summer. The hot, hectic, fast, uncomfortable, active, and lazy refreshing summer of my life. We have just started boys and girls and man we're in for a ride...

6 comments:

Laila K said...

mirvat..very expressive picture. don't worry dear, it's still spring..we haven't met summer yet, not for a while.

rouba said...

did u get any sleep at all?!!
i like your picture..just keep smiling the wrinkle away..

Ghassan said...

We're only 28; get some perspective and some sleep of course.
I love the picture (why do you always put 1/2 your face, the same 1/2 too? did you get in some sort of n accident and ruined the rest? or is this just your better 1/2?

Unknown said...

you guys. it's summer and i love it!. nothing sad about it. i love my age!!
rouba, i was working most of the night. i'll sleep in a while.
gus, i lost my better half :)

Hashem said...

It's winter...it's winter...
cold..cold outside...
and even more inside me...
how did you get summer ya mirvat?
cheer up girl...there r alot tobe done these days for wrinkles...;)

Unknown said...

hashem, it'll get warm soon. the cold inside you..well hopefully that too will warm up.
haider.. very nicely put