Friday, March 31, 2006

I Listened..

Café Muller..
The two women were palpitating, shivering with their eyes closed
Two bodies possessed with random emotions
A man on the stage
He had a sad face.
The saddest face I have seen.
He rearranged the chairs, not to stop their bodily explosions
The saddest music I have heard.
The saddest thing in the world is when a man cries.

"Habla con ella
Talk to her
But her brain is dead
Women’s brain is a mystery
Trust me
Talk to her.."

"De la morte emergo la vida
De la masculino emergo la feminino
De la tierra emergo la etereo, la unpalpable, la fantasma.. "

"I made love last night
It wasn’t good it wasn’t bad
Stayed till dawn
Then I woke up
It dawned on me
My baby’s gone..
I cry when I think of all the beauty I can’t share with her
The saddest thing in the world is when love dies..”

She dies at the end but
She cries right before
She cries to her love
She cries to her betrayal
It was like she knew
And she prepared herself to leave
To the sweetest voice
The voice of Caetano Veloso
Not yet,
after the fight...

Cucurrucucu Paloma….
la pasion mortale, Maria...

(Almodovar's Habla Con Ella)

10 comments:

Dry Gin Martini said...

One of my favorite movies evah!

Hashem said...

always inspiring ya Mirvat..:)

rouba said...

ouff i didn't connect with the main character; i much preferred 'todos sobre mi madre' but still Pedro's always a wonderfully crazy perverted genius

Dry Gin Martini said...

Vote for Pedro!

Unknown said...

he's a daring genius. you can connect more with the social issues posed in todos sobre mi madre and the women characters were exquisitly real.

Ghassan said...

your description of Café Muller... is just beautiful.
it's my favorite part of the movie, I think it summarizes the whole movie, or gives a preview for it...

Unknown said...

mine too actually and thanks

Unknown said...

in cafe muller, when one woman comes to life, the other ceases to exist. like the two women passing life through each other in the plot

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you listened. email me your news.
laila

Unknown said...

hey baby .. i will